Here's the latest from the womb! Baby Shaw #3 is 20 weeks in these photos. I hope they come through clearly (they're scanned images).
His/her alien impression
This one is not as easy to distinguish . . . the right cheek is smooshed against the clumpy blob.Of course, I have to bet what it is (we won't find out 'til the birth-day), and my money is now on boy. Nick, of course, won't guess. "I'm holding out for a puppy," he says. ;) At the very beginning (even before we had confirmation that I was pregnant), I felt like it was a girl. However, the heartbeats per minute have been 134 and 144, which is in the lower range, which is attributed more often to boys. Also, I feel like I'm carrying low and more pointy (like I did with Vinny). These last two items have no medical basis, just for fun!
HOWEVER, we do think that this baby looks a lot like Vinny, with the little nose and the upper lip that sticks out. So, I'm sticking with boy.
But, Ashley has already named the baby Cinderella, so we might have to work on that.
I haven't felt this baby move very much yet. I think it's still been in the "fluttering" stages. Except once. I was holding Vinny close to my chest, and I'm sure his weight was pressing down on my belly. All of a sudden, I felt a sharp tickling punch that felt like it was going straight out of my belly button. It was like I was thrown forward! I guess that was Baby #3 saying to Baby #2, "Hey, get out of my space!!!"
It should be interesting!
PS - I keep trying to put spaces between the paragraphs above, but something with blogger is not working! I'll try again another time.
2 comments:
So beautiful!
Beautiful images! Can't wait to meet Cinderella, even if he is a puppy! Enjoy reading your humorous writing, too!
Post a Comment