Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fall 2006

As you may have noticed, we have moved to a more "once a quarter" posting of pictures on this website. :) On November 19, Ashley will be 20 months old. This is how our fall is shaping up so far . . . .


Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech


Here we are (in our SMC/ND gear) getting ready for the season opener. We had to show our spirit down here in Jacket-country!


Nap time!


I always wondered if Ashley would be one of those kids who fell asleep at the table -- it has only happened twice that I know of, but pretty cute. :)

Ashley's Favorites
Among her favorite activities in Toddler-dom so far: playing with puppets, coloring, puzzles, watching Barney & Big Bird/Elmo movies, playing chase with Daddy, and putting the lid back on everything. We have a lot of fun everyday!

Field of Flags Memorial



In honor of September 11, Kennesaw Mountain was filled with 3,000 flags. It was very moving.


Gymnast in the Making



Here Ashley is doing her morning stretches. :) She's still very flexible. She has become quite a monkey over the last few months, climbing on anything she can reach. And, since she figured out how to move the step stool & a little chair around, climbing on anything she can't reach. I think she causes more trouble now than the entire year and a half previously! :)



Visit to New York

We headed up to Fire Island/Bay Shore, NY for Keith's wedding in October. It was a beautiful wedding. And, what a great time we had! Here we are on Uncle Lanny's boat heading over to Fire Island.



We even got to see the ocean!


and play at the playground together!
Halloween 2006


Getting ready for Halloween -- carving pumpkins.Auntie Amy thinks I am the cutest ladybug ever. And, she's right, of course!




I definitely know how to Trick or Treat in style. Thanks for pulling me around the neighborhood, Daddy! But, what happened to all my candy?




Just as a comparison, the picture below is from Halloween 2005. What a diffference a year makes!




Fall 2006 -- Big Helper
I now realize how all of our parents probably felt: kids don't help rake the yard. Instead, they play in the middle of the piles of leaves & proceed to "unpile" the piles.





Alleluia!
Okay -- here's an upate on the "First Words". If you ask Ashley what her name is, she'll point at her chest & say, "Ash." I almost cried when I first heard it. She'll also "sss" and "roar" for the snake & lion noises. I think she's also saying Buh-buh for Barney (everyone's favorite purple dinosaur). And, she'll say "nurse" and make an "uh-huh" sound for yes. She also does the Baby Signs for nurse (which we made up), please, more, milk, eat, and one that she made up for "I'm excited!" So, I guess she's finally talking!? :)

'Til next time!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunny - you are such a good mommy - this website is wonderful! Ashley is such a lucky little girl! Miss ya, Love, Brooke Verbosky Steines SMC '02

Unknown said...

You have created a fabulous treasure for Ashley! This is the best memory book for her to look back on in years to come to see how very much she is loved.

Your are terrific parents and Ashley is a very lucky little girl. Of course, you are very fortunate parents to have such a beautiful child.

All the best,
JoAnn Ellis-Dobrovic
Mary's friend from Australia