So, we just took Vinny to his 6 month check up. He now weighs 15 lbs 4 oz (20th percentile) and is 25 ¼ inches long (12th percentile). He is right on target for most developmental milestones, except for the whole rolling over thing. I find this quite humorous, as I think it's an indication of his fairly mellow personality. (Should I stop saying that out loud?). The doctor is not concerned, since he appears to have good strength in his arms, legs, and trunk. :)
A little note for those of you wondering how Vinny is sleeping, eating, etc. After beginning the Baby Whisperer strategy, I have found my life MUCH easier with a baby in the house again. We have gotten into a very nice routine of E.A.S.Y. (Eat, activity, sleep, time for you! -- in that order), which has enabled us to teach Vinny how to fall asleep on his own in his crib -- without too much crying involved. :) With Ashley, I always nursed her to sleep, so that's how she learned to fall asleep. Not with the 2nd one! :) So, we are in such a routine at this point, that I even know when Vinny generally nurses: 5 a.m., 7, 10, 1 pm, 4, 6, and a dream feed while he's sleeping at 10. He goes to bed around 7-7:30 p.m. and wakes around 7 a.m. (with the 10 pm dream feed and waking to nurse at about 5 am in between). I'm sure as I type this, we will be jinxed, but too bad!
He usually takes 2-3 naps per day, morning, midday & later afternoon. I'm hoping to move toward 2 longer naps, but we'll see how that goes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment