Well, we may have gotten to the "monsters under the bed" phase with Ashley. She often talks about the Big Bad Wolf (of the Three Little Pigs variety). She even randomly asked me (after being deep in thought for a few minutes) if he had ears. I don't know, I replied. So, she jumped up from the table and said, "I will go look." So, she went to look at the pictures of him in her book. She talked about him coming out of the kitchen light once, too. So, we've talked about how our house is made of bricks (convenient!), so he can't blow our house down.

Now, I have to say that I don't think she was ever really scared of the Big Bad Wolf. He would just blow the Little People's House to pieces. However, her most recent (real) fear is "Big Barney." We met him at our friend's birthday party about 6 months ago, and he's apparently making a comeback.
At first, she was just imagining him out in the hallway & she would bring a toy to him. But, now, especially in the morning as she's waking up, she gets afraid and wants us to carry her past the hallway. I guess maybe I would be scared, too:
No comments:
Post a Comment