Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cinderell-y

Well, perhaps we did not fully escape the princess thing with Ashley. :) After going through a very serious Thomas the Tank Engine phase and a cute Bob the Builder phase, we are now enchanted by Cinderella. This is the movie she chooses to watch everytime and often the book she wants to read as well. She re-enacts the Cinderella crying in the garden scene with her toys regularly.

Something else I heard her re-enacting recently . . . on Sunday we went to the 5:30 p.m. Mass, which, we've learned several times now, is the worst time of the day for us to try to attend. Ashley was really wild and would not be quiet or stay still. So, I went back to the narthex to hold her, and she kept trying to get down. Finally I told her she wouldn't be able to watch a movie the following day after her nap. So . . . the next day, when she asked to watch a movie (before naptime), I reminded her that since she wasn't behaving well at church the day before, she couldn't watch a movie today. She never asked to watch a movie for the rest of the day. However, later that day, I heard her animating some of her little figurines, with them saying, "Ashley no watch movie today. She did not listen in church." Apparently, she was listening. ;)

Look out, Mom & Dad, Ashley seems to be entering the Terrible 3's phase!

No comments: